Thursday, February 25, 2016

2016 Decluttering Challenge: Part 1

Today I launched my 2016 Decluttering Challenge. This year I am challenging myself to declutter 1-2 areas of our home each month.

Tal and I are not hoarders. However, since Hadley was born 16 months ago, we have fallen behind in decluttering and organizing our house.

Last year I was in survival mode. Hadley was a baby, and my life was consumed with endless feedings, making bottles, and pumping four times a day. Unfortunately, I rarely had time/made time for decluttering. As a result, over the last year, our closets, cabinets, and drawers have become stuffed with paper, clothes, books, and toys.

This year I am ready to regain control of our home...I am ready to simplify and organize these areas:
  • master closet (my side)
  • books
  • toys
  • medicine cabinets
  • kitchen cabinets
  • kitchen cubbies
  • junk drawer
  • mud room cabinets
  • board games/craft cabinets in the kitchen
  • Savannah and Hadley's clothes
  • Savannah's bedroom and closet
  • bonus room
  • guest room closet
  • Savannah's and Hadley's keepsakes and mementos
  • linen closet
  • master bathroom closet and vanities
  • storage basket on kitchen counter
  • coat closet
  • loft cabinets
To keep myself accountable, I will be blogging about my decluttering progress. Stay tuned!

No comments: