Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 House Projects Review

Looking back at our posts from 2013, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of house projects that Tal and I accomplished this year. We completed our front yard makeover and gave Savannah a big girl bedroom. We also added curtains to a few rooms, tackled some organizational projects, and started transforming our bedroom, backyard, and home gym. 

Here's a review of our 2013 house projects: 

1. Our biggest project of 2013 was our front yard makeover:

Tal and I spent three months updating our home's curb appeal by:
  • pulling out five prickly holly bushes
  • using a sod cutter to cut up the grass in our front yard
  • using a tiller to break up the dirt clods and stubborn roots
  • rolling up the sod and throwing it in the back of Tal's truck
  • laying 90 rolls of tall fescue sod
  • watering our new grass with our repaired irrigation system
  • hanging a yellow wreath on our front door
  • spray painting the planters turquoise and planting some new arborvitaes in the pots


2. Tal and I transformed Savannah's nursery into a turquoise and pink big girl bedroom, which included new bedding, headboard, and curtains, as well as a gallery wall, reading nook, and dress-up area:


3. We converted our formal living room into a functional home gym that includes an elliptical and weight machine. We installed a ceiling fan and added a floor lamp, as well as painted the room Royal Palm by Olympic and hung no-sew Groovy Grille curtains:


4. For Tal's man cave, I made no-sew curtains using 12 yards of Chipper Storm twill fabric and 4 packs of Heat 'n Bond:


5. I hemmed and hung Ikat curtains in our dining room:

6. I made our garage entrance more colorful and inviting by adding a welcome decal on our yellow door:


7. Tal and I updated our master bedroom with Rosalie Paisley bedding from Pottery Barn:


8. I organized Savannah's clothing into 14 plastic containers and labeled them for easy access in our attic:


9. I organized my bathroom vanity and lined the drawers with some pretty shelf liner:


10. Tal and I decluttered and reorganized our kitchen cupboards and drawers to make them more functional. I also added some chevron shelf liner for a pretty pop of color:


11. We cleaned up our garage and installed some hooks to keep our tools, ladders, and chairs organized and off the floor:


12. Finally, we started updating our backyard to make room for Savannah's playset:

No comments: