Sunday, September 8, 2013

Home Gym: Waverly Groovy Grille No-Sew Curtains

My first attempt at making no-sew curtains was a success!

In August, I painted our home gym with Olympic's Royal Palm:

On Labor Day, I made some no-sew curtains using 6 yards of 
Waverly's Groovy Grille fabric plus two packages of Heat 'n Bond and curtain clips:


To begin, I rolled out the fabric on our living room carpet and 
then cut it in half to create two panels (108 inches each): 

I used my iron to fold down the the edges and then put Heat 'n Bond 
inside the folds to hem the top and both sides of each panel (as shown below):


I worked my way around the fabric...putting my iron on the edges 
for 3 seconds at a time in order to bond the fabric together and create a smooth edge:   

Then, I used curtain clips to hang the curtain panels:

While the panels were hanging from the rod, I used Heat 'n Bond to hem the 
bottom of each panel, so they were around 102 inches long and barely touching the floor: 

It was a challenge to find a curved curtain rod for the bay window in our gym. 
Thanks to Tal who hung this Umbra bay window curtain rod from Amazon

This project was pretty easy and only took a few hours to complete:

I love how the curtains look professional, as well as add some color, pattern,
and personality to our home gym!


No comments: