Friday, February 8, 2013

Organized Children's Clothing

In January, I organized Savannah's clothes...something 
I should've done years ago:

I bought 14 containers (size 18 gallon) from Walmart for $6 each:

I also used 2 purple containers that I had leftover 
from previous projects:

I spent about 10 hours over 2 weeks sorting Savannah's clothes 
and baby items into the following categories:
Newborn/0-3 Months
3-6 Months
6-9 Months
12 Months
18 Months
24 Months/2T
3T
Socks and Shoes
Baby Items
Baby Blankets and Bedding
Nursery Decor
Maternity Clothes


Then, I printed some 2x4 labels and put them on 
extra scrapbook paper:

For years, Savannah's belongings cluttered her bedroom
and closet because I didn't have an
organizational system:



 Now everything is organized and accessible in our walk-in attic...


...just in case my new niece Harper needs clothes...

...or Tal and I decide to have another child in the future:


 I'm thrilled that I conquered Savannah's clothing clutter and 
created extra space in her bedroom and closet!


No comments: