Hadley is 1-year-old! Over the last couple days, Tal and I have enjoyed remembering Hadley's birth story...including when I called Tal to tell him that my water had broken at school, how I delivered Hadley naturally, and when Savannah met Hadley for the first time.
For me and Tal, the last year has been incredibly stressful and challenging...but also very rewarding. Tal and I won't miss the sleepless months, the endless feedings, or the hours of nonstop crying. On the other hand, we can't imagine our lives without Hadley. It's the best feeling in the world when Hadley falls asleep in my lap or when she runs into Daddy's open arms with a big, toothy grin.
Also, Tal and I have enjoyed sharing in Hadley's discoveries and milestones:
- Hadley has 8 teeth (4 on top, 4 on the bottom).
- She has some strawberry blonde fuzz on her head, but she still appears bald from a distance or in photographs.
- Hadley loves the sounds of a vacuum, hair dryer, and sound machine.
- Her favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus."
- Her first word was "mama." She also can say "dada" and "babababa." Hadley's baby talk is music to my ears!
- Hadley loves playing peek-a-boo. It's adorable to watch her cover and uncover her face with a blanket.
- Thankfully, over the last few weeks our baby girl has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight each night.
- Hadley drinks from a straw and sippy cup. She loves drinking water.
- She still drinks about 25 oz. of formula from a bottle each day.
- When she's hungry, Hadley eats 5-10 bites of table food at each meal.
Every stage is special, and Tal and I are really enjoying toddler hood with Hadley right now. Hadley is truly a toddler. She loves walking throughout our house. She enjoys dragging blankets around the house, taking laundry out of the baskets, and unplugging things from outlets. Hadley makes a mess wherever she goes, so we have baby proofed the house and keep bathroom and closet doors closed to minimize her messes. :)
Happy 1st Birthday, baby girl!