Saturday, October 10, 2015

Entry Niche

Over the last few months, Tal and I have been updating the banisters, artwork, and door in our entry. As a result, recently our entry niche has been looking lonely and forgotten:


I used some leftover paint (Backstroke by Valspar) to paint the back of the niche. It's the same teal color that Tal and I painted on the backs of our living room bookcases. The color is bold and dramatic, but it creates a focal point in our entry, as well as coordinates nicely with some other artwork in our entry, dining room, and home gym. 

Then, I added this large turquoise mosaic vase from Pier One. I like how it shimmers in the sunlight and how the mosaic pieces remind me of fish scales.


 Now that our niche project is complete, Tal and I are one step closer to wrapping up our entry makeover!

No comments: