Friday, October 10, 2008

Yoga with Emily

During the last five weeks, my dear friend Emily and I have been taking a weekly prenatal yoga class.

Yoga class always makes me feel calm and relaxed. Our instructor turns off the lights and talks in quiet tones. The stretching and breathing techniques help ease the aches and discomfort that I sometimes feel. Plus, the fellowship with other pregnant women has been wonderful.

Emily is a guidance counselor at my school. She's expecting twin boys within a couple weeks of me! Emily and I have had so much fun being pregnant at the same time. We're always swapping stories and information on pregnancy symptoms, childcare, and pediatricians--not to mention cures for insomnia, how to decorate the nursery, and ways to reduce vericose veins and stretch marks. In fact, Emily and I think it would be pretty cool if we delivered at the hospital at the same time. :-)

No comments: