Thursday, October 30, 2008

26 Weeks

Me at 26 Weeks and Emily at 24 Weeks
Today Tal and I went to the OB for my 26-week appointment. Savannah and I both received good reports. My iron levels and blood pressure were normal. My weight gain was also normal--although I've gained 10 pounds in the last six weeks (19 pounds in all).

In addition to getting a flu shot, I also took the routine glucose screening test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I chugged a very sweet glucose drink, which tastes like flat orange soda. I waited in the office for an hour and then had some blood drawn. We're trusting that the test results will show that I don't have gestational diabetes.

During the visit, Savannah was lying sideways in my belly. Her heartbeat was normal at 150 beats per minute. The doctor felt Savannah two inches above my belly button, which is right on schedule for 26 weeks. By the end of next week (and the end of my second trimester), my belly should be the size of a basketball! Some days it feels like I'm carrying around a basketball. :-)

No comments: