Friday, October 3, 2008

Look Who's 35!

My sweet hubby is celebrating his 35th birthday today! Take a look at the new golf bag below (in N.C. State colors, of course!) that Tal picked out for his birthday:

For his birthday, Tal is going to the Allman Brothers concert tonight with his brother Benny. Tal can hardly believe that one of his favorite bands is playing on his birthday! ;-)

Tal, in honor of your birthday, below are 35 reasons why I love and appreciate you:
  • You don't mind watching CSI reruns for the umpteenth time.
  • You purposely got me hooked on reruns of the TV show 24, so you could watch all of the new episodes with me in 2009.
  • You recently replaced the brakes on my car, which I think is pretty amazing!
  • You remind me to take my prenatal vitamins every night before bed.
  • You often thank me for choosing you to be my husband.
  • You love your sweet tea, chocolate covered peanuts, and Greg Norman golf shirts.
  • You can't wait to be a daddy.
  • You're perfectly content to eat bologna sandwiches for lunch every day.
  • You take the laundry baskets up and down the stairs for me.
  • You rub my baby belly when my growing, stretching belly makes me feel uncomfortable.
  • You tell me that I'm good company.
  • You enjoy mowing the grass and doing all of the yard work.
  • You don't mind driving us wherever we go.
  • You ask for a "honey-do" list every week and work really hard to get everything done on the list on Friday or Saturday.
  • You calculate statistics (which is way beyond my comprehension) on your job every day.
  • You often tell me that you love "your girls" (me and Savannah).
  • You're handy around the house and can fix or put together most things.
  • If you don't know something, then you know where to look or who to ask to find the answer.
  • You do thorough research and gather advice from others before making decisions.
  • You are loyal to your family and do an excellent job of staying in touch with them.
  • You tell me that I'm easy to get along with.
  • You complete the daily crossword puzzle in the newspaper in less than 20 minutes!
  • You request to eat at Taco Bell every week.
  • You kiss my baby belly every night before bed.
  • You cheerfully take out the trash.
  • You choose not to work on Sundays because it's the day of rest.
  • You know as much as (and often more than) the sportscasters on TV.
  • You volunteer to put gas in my car, so I won't have to.
  • You don't mind that I go to bed at 8:00 every night.
  • You patiently explain the rules of football, hockey, tennis, etc. to me.
  • You've enjoyed serving as an usher at our church practically every Sunday for the last 15 years.
  • You download music to my iPod when you know I need some new exercise music.
  • You're generally cheerful most of the time.
  • You jump out of bed as soon as your alarm goes off (unlike me who lounges in bed for an extra 35 minutes).
  • You chose me to be your wife!

Happy Birthday, Tal! You're the best!

No comments: