Saturday, November 10, 2018

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

Savannah is a member of the Student Community Club at school. The club meets before school once a month and participates in community service projects. Most recently, Savannah helped collect and sort gently-used books that will be distributed to hurricane victims: 

Savannah wrote this poem about how she would change the world:

On Nov 6, Tal and I exercised our right to vote. Our voting precinct was in my library. I was voter #423. 

On Nov 6, I had a workday, which meant a sub taught my 6 classes while I worked on some library tasks. I enjoyed eating lunch with Savannah and her friends in the school cafeteria:

Savannah finished chapter book #39:

Before school on Nov 7, Savannah and I went to Muffins with Mom at the Book Fair. We browsed the Book Fair and then ate breakfast in the school cafeteria: 

It's been so darn cold in NC that the girls and I had to buy some slippers to keep our feet warm at home. Hadley loves her Paw Patrol slippers! 

Hadley's Painting

Hadley's Craft

Before school on Nov 9, Tal and Savannah went to Donuts with Dad at the Book Fair (in my library). They visited the Book Fair and then ate Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast in the school cafeteria:

Savannah and I wore black and white stripes to school:

Our family completed our volunteer registration and background checks at a local nursing home and toured the facility, so the four of us can start visiting the residents regularly starting in a couple weeks:

Tal got free tickets to today's NC State men's basketball game. He and Savannah enjoyed watching NC State win against Maryland Eastern Shore!

After Tal and Savannah got home from the NC State basketball game, the girls and I enjoyed celebrating our friend Tyson's 4th birthday. Hadley and Tyson were born one month and two days apart:

On Oct 3, this man stole three packages from our front doorstep while I was at work: 

I filed a police report and showed the police officer my video evidence. After I called Old Navy and JCPenney and gave them my police report case number, they gave me a full refund. After I called and complained to Macy's FOUR times over the last month, they finally gave me 80% of my refund this week. (I wish I would've have gotten all of my refund, but 80% is better than nothing.):

No comments: