Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pretty Pantry

Over the last couple weeks, Savannah and I have been working on organizing our pantry, which was one of my New Year's goals.

For around $70, I made our pantry more functional and pretty.

Before

After

I found some awesome teal and lime chevron containers at Target, but at $7-10 each, they were out of my budget.

Instead, I bought 14 see-through plastic containers for $3.50 each:




To dress up the containers, I bought 4 rolls ($1 each) of washi patterned tape in the school supply section at Target:


I put 4 rows of tape on the front of each container and then trimmed the edges:


For labels, I bought 4 pieces of scrapbook paper ($2 total) at Michael's. I traced around 2 different sizes of plastic cups from our kitchen and then glued the circles together.

To save money, I printed category names (snacks, baking, etc.) on address labels, which we already owned.




To organize our canned fruits and veggies, I bought this tiered and expandable organizer at Target for $12:


In the past, our pantry contained messy piles of Tal's snacks, Savannah's snacks, and my snacks. Now there's a designated container for each person's goodies:


There's also a spot for breaders, baking items, and cereal...


...as well as a place for side items, breakfast foods, and bread.


On the bottom shelf, there's room for Tal's tea and coffee supplies, as well paper towels and Savannah's snacks (which are easy for her to reach):


The see-through containers make it easy to see what's inside (without having to pull out each container):


Our family loves our newly, organized pantry! 


1 comment:

Sarah Lutz said...

Rachel, love the organization and conservation (of $$, that is!) I'm just going to have to steal your idea! Hope all's well with you...we're hunkering down for a hot, hot summer.
:) s