Friday, May 11, 2012

5 Years!

 
Today Tal and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary! At our wedding, Tal and I read aloud love letters that we had written for each other. Below is my love letter to Tal. Amazingly, many of the things I wrote about 5 years ago are still true today and remind me of Tal's love for me.
 
May 11, 2007
 
Dear Tal,
 
From time to time, you thank me for choosing you, but I'm thankful that you chose me. You are kind, caring, respectful, and understanding. You love me fiercely. You make me feel special and wanted.
 
I love that I can tell you anything.
I love that I can be myself around  you.
I love that you enjoy having me around.
I love that you ask how my day went.
I love that you actually like grading papers.
I love that you tell me that I'm beautiful when I'm all dressed up, when I'm exhausted, and when I've just run 5 miles.
I love that you patiently explain the rules for football, baseball, golf, and hockey.
I love that you know just as much (or more) as the sports commentators on TV.
I love that you understand how demanding teaching and grad school are for me and that you're always willing to help me so I don't have to work so hard.
I love that you believe in me and my ability to complete certain tasks.
I love that you're proud of me and my accomplishments.
I love that you're my favorite meterologist. You always give me a weather report, so I know what to wear to school the next day.
I love that you ask me to keep you company while you golf and that you don't mind if I read a book on the golf course.
I love that you don't seem to mind if I fall asleep on the couch by 9 P.M.
I love that you take me into your arms when I cry.
I love that you volunteer to make dinner for us.
I love that you encourage me to get plenty of rest.
I love that you send me sweet emails.
I love that you actually think I'm kinda funny.
I love that I can put my head on your shoulder when I'm exhausted.
I love that you always tell me, "Be careful, Rachel" and "Call me when you get home, Sweetheart."
I love that you can't wait to be married to me.
I love you.
I love us.
 
I'm blessed to have you in my life. I praise God daily for bringing us together. You've brought so much joy into my life that I can't imagine my life without you. I love you, and I'm thrilled that May 11, 2007 is finally here and that the wedding countdown on your kitchen calendar finally says, "0 days until the wedding!" Today we begin our life together, and the best is yet to come, my love.
 
I love you today and always, Tal,
 
Rachel

No comments: