Sunday, October 6, 2019

Parade of Homes 2019

Over the last three days, Hadley and I have toured 21 homes (priced from $600,000-$1.5 million) on the Parade of Homes. The Parade is one of my favorite (and free!) annual events. Over 200 new homes in our area are open for public viewing during the last weekend in September and the first two weekends in October. 

As I toured the homes, I didn't pay attention to a home's layout or consider whether or not I wanted to live in the house or neighborhood. Instead, I looked at the design choices, including the colors, flooring, hardware, lighting, and tile. 

This year I noticed that the following home and decor trends are popular where we live in NC:
  • painted brick exterior
  • black and white exteriors and interiors
  • black exterior and white interior windows
  • farmhouse style
  • subway tile
  • shiplap
  • dark and patterned tile
  • white kitchen cabinets with black, navy, gray, or shiplap island
  • light wood floors
  • light wood accents in shelving, ceiling beams, and benches
  • black, navy, and gray as accent colors
  • large showers in the master bathroom

















Hadley loved the secret room in this house!

Light Floors
















No comments: