Thursday, July 5, 2012

Painted Fireplace Doors

Last Friday, I completed the first item on my summer to-do list. I spray painted our living room fireplace!

I like our fireplace...the mantel...the marble surround...but not the brassy areas (circa 1999).

Before

To bring our fireplace into the 21st century, I used newspaper and painter's tape to cover the glass, marble, and mantel. It took me about an hour to cover everything except the brassy areas.


I used Rustoleum's High Heat Spray Paint in black. It cost me a whopping $6 at Home Depot. I followed the directions on the can (which said that priming was not recommended), and it took me less than 5 minutes to paint our fireplace.


An hour later, I removed the newspaper to reveal our newly updated fireplace. What a difference a $6 can of spray paint makes!
After

No comments: