Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dedication Sunday

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give her to the Lord. For her whole life she will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27-29

Today was a special day. Not only was today my first Mother's Day, but it was also Savannah's dedication at church.


It meant a lot to us that Savannah's Grandma Barbara, Great Grandma and Granddaddy Smith, Uncle Benny, and Aunt Renee came to celebrate with us.



Savannah is a gift from the Lord. He has entrusted us to nurture, train, and protect Savannah. During the service, Tal and I recommitted Savannah to the Lord and renewed our commitment to raise Savannah in a Christian home and to serve as godly examples. It was a special service (and little Miss Savannah slept through the whole thing)!

No comments: