Friday, May 1, 2009

Back to Work

After being on maternity leave for the last 10 weeks, I headed back to work this week. Obviously, I miss Savannah terribly, and it's hard to say goodbye to her in the mornings. However, staying home with Savannah is not an option. Therefore, I try to have a positive attitude and to be thankful that I enjoy my job, school, and colleagues.

Tal and I feel blessed that Savannah is in good hands while we're at work. Savannah stays at a daycare that's five minutes from my school (and close enough for me to check on her as needed). Savannah's the youngest of seven infants. It's an answer to prayer that Savannah's three caregivers seem to have fallen in love with Savannah and her smiley personality.

Going back to work has added a layer of complexity to our mornings and evenings. It'll take some time and practice before the three of us settle into a routine. Tal takes Savannah to daycare at 6:45 A.M. I try to pick her up by 4:00 P.M.

Our evenings are full with going to the gym, eating dinner, giving Savannah a bath, and putting her to bed. It takes a lot of teamwork and planning to make sure everything gets done. We've discovered that getting Savannah ready for daycare is similar to packing for a trip every day. As part of our nightly routine, we make sure that Savannah has bottles, diapers, and two changes of clothes for the next day.

As working parents, Tal and I realize that our time with Savannah is precious. We treasure the few hours we have with her each day and make a conscious effort to shower Savannah with lots of love and attention. We love our Savannah-nana!





1 comment:

Brenda said...

I went to see Grandma Rowell yesterday. She has been enjoying your posts via email but her old computer and no internet does not allow her to see the pictures. It was fun today as I took all the pictures and posts since my last visit and we looked through all of them together. She is so interested and sweet! Your little Savannah is precious!