Saturday, May 23, 2009

Settlin' In

Well, it's been a month since I returned to work, and we enrolled Savannah in daycare. Overall, the three of us have settled into a routine and adjusted better than we expected.

Staying home with Savannah is not an option, so I resolve myself to have a positive attitude about going to work each day. Of course, I think about Savannah many times. However, my duties as a librarian keep me so busy that I don't have much time to miss Savannah. I just have to trust that Savannah will turn into a fine young lady even though I'm not with her during the day.

It also helps that Tal and I have a positive rapport with Savannah's babysitters. We truly believe that they enjoy Savannah and take good care of her. Plus, Savannah's babysitters keep us informed of her daily eating, sleeping, and diaper habits.

Our mornings and evenings are hectic but manageable most of the time. Tal and I try to share responsibilities and work as a team. Tal is a big help in the mornings. He feeds and dresses Savannah before taking her to daycare at 6:45. That way, all I have to do is get ready, pump, and make Savannah's bottles for the next day before I leave for school.

In the evenings, we enjoy playing with Savannah before Tal gives her a bath at 7:00. Then, I usually feed Savannah and rock her to sleep while Tal makes Savannah's bottles. In between all of the craziness, Tal and I try to eat dinner, make our lunches for the next day, and spend some time together. Everything always seems to get done, and we try to treasure our time together. :-)




1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a sweetie! I was glad for the update. You are doing a great job--both of you! Blessings.