Monday, January 21, 2019

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last week.

After school on Thursday, Savannah and Hadley loved playing at the park in our neighborhood: 



On Friday night, Tal and Savannah enjoyed attending a Carolina Hurricanes game. The Canes are the professional hockey team in our area.  Savannah earned two free tickets to the hockey game because she read over 20 hours during the Readvolution reading contest at her school last fall. Unfortunately, the Canes lost to the Ottawa Senators, but Tal and Savannah still enjoyed their Daddy-Daughter date:

On Sunday afternoon, our family went to the Y in our neighborhood. Tal went to his weekly boot camp class. Hadley and I went swimming... 

...while Savannah and her friends Sky and Liza attended the kids yoga class:

Last year I lost 60 lbs in 6 months. Unfortunately, I also experienced some hair loss due to my rapid weight loss. As a result, my hair has been thin and flat over the last couple months. Today my hair stylist cut off three inches. I'm looking forward to having shorter, bouncier hair while my grows back over the next few months:

 Savannah asked for two braids like Anna:

While Tal got a haircut this afternoon, the girls and I visited the animals at the pet store next door. The girls enjoyed seeing the fish, birds, and chinchillas, but the cats were their favorite:

While Savannah was at gymnastics practice this afternoon, I took Hadley to get a blueberry Italian ice. She thought it was hilarious to show me her blue tongue! 

This afternoon our family attended Savannah's gold medal ceremony for gymnastics. Savannah performed a gymnastics routine that showcased the skills she's learned over the last year:

Then, Savannah received a gold medal for completing four years of gymnastics:

We're so proud of Savannah!


4 years of gymnastics medals!


No comments: