Sunday, February 3, 2019

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

Hadley likes to put her pink chair on our couch and say that she is sitting on her island. She says, "Look, Mommy, I am sitting on my island with my iPad and blankie."

For Christmas, I gave Hadley four rolls of tape, and she has enjoyed ripping off the tape and sticking it around the house (which is okay most of the time):


After church on Sunday, the girls enjoyed eating a snack and playing in the play area at Burger King:


Savannah and her friends Liza and Sky made some ooey gooey s'mores at our house:

Check out how much Savannah has grown and changed since Kindergarten. Savannah thought it was hilarious that she has worn the same white dress three years in a row!

Savannah participates in several school clubs, including yearbook, chorus, student community club, and Junior Librarians. For yearbook club, Savannah and her team created this sign to advertise yearbook sales. Also, over the next few months, Savannah is excited to learn how to play the recorder, which she is holding below:

Over the last couple weeks, the girls have been begging me to buy some Girl Scout cookies. Funny enough, I won a box of Girl Scout cookies at our staff meeting this week. We played a trivia game about a book we read, and I came in second place:

Savannah finished another book this week. Over the last year or so, Savannah has read over 60 chapter books, but I've lost track of the exact number:

On Thursday afternoon, the dermatologist removed a black spot on Savannah's forehead for cosmetic and preventative reasons:

Savannah was a trooper when she got a couple stitches at the doctor's office:

On Friday, I had a workday, so I enjoyed eating lunch with Savannah and her friends in the cafeteria:

After school on Friday, Savannah got her braces tightened, and she chose yellow and green bands this time. (Also, check out how Savannah's front teeth have separated since she started her orthodontics treatment in July. Seven months ago, Savannah's front teeth overlapped.)

Savannah wrote and illustrated a poem about what she would do if she were charge of the world. Savannah's teacher displayed Savannah's poem outside her classroom:

When I exercise on the weekends, Savannah and Hadley enjoy hanging out with me in the gym and jumping on the trampoline. (During the week, they are asleep when I exercise from 5:20-5:40 A.M.)


On Saturday afternoon, the girls and I visited the NC Museum of Art with our friends Amanda and Tyson. First, we did a scavenger hunt in which we looked for six pieces of art while we toured the museum. Then, we made some art by decorating a CD case with pictures and paper:




Tyson (4), Savannah (9), and Hadley (4)

This afternoon my friend Emily and her family came to town. Hadley enjoyed swimming with Xavier and Felix, while Emily and I caught up with each other:


No comments: