Sunday, October 21, 2018

Parade of Homes

This weekend I toured 11 homes on the Parade of Homes, which is one of my favorite (and free!) annual events. Nearly 200 new homes in our county are open for public viewing during the first three weekends in October. 

As I toured the homes, I didn't pay attention to a home's layout or consider whether or not I would want to live in the house or neighborhood. Instead, I paid attention to the design choices, including the hardware, lighting, and tile. I was especially interested in the current trends and decorating selections in the bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms since Tal and I are going to renovate these rooms in our house in the future.

For example, I noticed that light wood floors are trending:


...as well as pretty door knobs and gray interior doors:




On Friday afternoon, the girls and I toured three homes on our drive home from school. The homes were in a lovely wooded setting and were listed for $700,000-$850,000.

House #1



House #2

The girls loved the fire pit:

Huge walk-in shower:

House #3


On Saturday afternoon, my friend Amanda and I drove downtown and walked through 8 homes that were listed for $1-1.7 million:
















No comments: