Thursday, August 24, 2017

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

During bedtime storytime, Hadley and Savannah read aloud books to each other:

Over the last couple weeks, Hadley has enjoyed reading the book Where is My Nose? that she checked out from the public library. She acted out parts of the book:
"Here is my nose. 
Where is your nose?
I can honk my nose.
Beep! Beep!
Now you try!"

Hadley blinked her eyes while she read the book:
"Here are my eyes.
Where are your eyes?
I can blink my eyes. 
Blink! Blink!
Now you try."

Check out Hadley's fishy mouth:
"Here is my mouth.
Where is your mouth?
I can make a fishy mouth.
Glub! Glub!
Now you try!"

Hadley wiggled her ears:
"Here are my ears.
Where are your ears?
I can wiggle my ears.
Wiggle! Wiggle!
Now you try!"

Last Saturday, the girls and I had a play date with our friends Amanda and Tyson:

We enjoyed swimming in an outdoor pool:

Tyson and Hadley, who were born a month apart, looked adorable holding hands:

First Love:

Savannah used some money from her piggy bank to buy the game Pop the Pig. The girls have enjoyed feeding hamburgers to the pig, pushing down the pig's head, and watching his belly grow bigger and bigger...until it pops!



On August 21, the day of the solar eclipse, the principals at my school gave teachers this note...

...as well as a chocolate glazed Eclipse Donut from Krispy Kreme and some eclipse viewing glasses:

Hadley was all smiles when I took this picture of her in the pediatrician's office earlier this week. In reality, however, our baby girl has had a pretty rough week. She has had quite a bit of pain and fussiness.  Last weekend Hadley got 6 bug bites...that unfortunately got infected a couple days later. She's taking an antibiotic for her staph infection, so hopefully she'll be feeling better soon:

On Saturday, September 9, our family is looking forward to cheering at NC State's first home football game of the season. Tal and I haven't been to a college football game in over 11 years. The girls and I bought the football tickets from one of our neighbors...as an early birthday gift for Tal!

In art class, Savannah used macaroni, string, and beans to make a hamburger:

On September 23, we are scheduled to have our annual family pictures outdoors (weather permitting). Our color scheme will be navy and coral. Savannah and Hadley will be wearing matching navy floral dresses. I will be wearing a denim shirt dress, while Tal wears a coral shirt:

Now it's time for a flashback photo. On Facebook, one of my teacher friends recently posted this picture from August 2010. Seven years ago, some of my teacher friends and I had a play date at a local mall. (Savannah was 18 months old.) All 9 of us were teachers at the same school and had babies during the 2008-2009 school year. Such a fun memory!

Check out Savannah's new glasses (which will arrive next week)! Over the last few weeks, Savannah has been squinting and saying repeatedly that she can't see something across a room.  Today the eye doctor said that Savannah's eyes have changed a lot since she got glasses 20 months ago.

Savannah tried on lots of glasses in various styles and colors (including pink, purple, and turquoise). In the end, however, she (with my input) chose glasses that are age-appropriate and very similar to the ones she already owns. Savannah's new pink glasses complement her strawberry blonde and her pinkish skin tone, as well as fit the size and shape of her face.

After Savannah got fitted for her new glasses, the girls and I ate chocolate frozen custard at the place next door. The eye doctor gave us a $5 gift card!



No comments: