Last week Tal and I crossed off another item on our list of 2016 House Goals.
We painted our guest bedroom!
For the last month, our guest bedroom has been covered in plastic and bed sheets while Tal spray painted our doors. Tal and I decided to repaint the walls and trim since the bedroom was already prepped for painting:
Our new paint color is a light blue-gray that nicely complements the blue paisley shams on the guest bed. (We have the same paint color in our formal dining room.) The pillow shams are my inspiration for the room's color scheme of light blue, navy, yellow, and white. Over the next few months, I'm looking forward to creating a cozy place for our guests by hanging curtains and wall decor, as well as by adding a headboard and a chair. I'm excited to get started!
Tal and I are making progress on our 2016 House Goals:
paint interior doors
- paint trim upstairs
paintand begin decorating guest bedroom replace door hardware (levers, strike plates, and hinges) throughout house
- rip out carpet and staples in the 3 bedrooms and bonus room upstairs
- get new carpet installed in the 3 bedrooms and bonus room upstairs
buy and install TV above fireplace in our living room move living room TV and install it in our master bedroom move master bedroom TV and install it in our home gym
- hire electrician to replace outdated chandeliers in entry and formal dining room
- hire electrician to fix broken lights in garage, master closet, and Hadley's closet
- paint upstairs loft cabinets and add new hardware
- paint kitchen cabinets and add new hardware
- update downstairs gallery wall to include pictures of Hadley and recent family photos
- restyle living room bookcases
- paint dresser and nightstand in master bedroom and move them to the guest bedroom
- buy king-size bed and begin decorating master bedroom (bedding, headboard, dresser, nightstands, area rug, lamps, and wall decor)
- buy living room furniture (couch, end tables, console table, and lamps)
- buy bonus room furniture (couch, end tables, and lamps)
- buy porch furniture
- buy freezer for garage