Wednesday, September 24, 2014

37 Weeks!

I'm 37 weeks and officially full-term! Tal and I got a great report when we went to the OB today. We're thankful that everything was healthy and normal with me and Hadley.

First, I had a growth ultrasound to check Hadley's weight in order to ensure that she isn't too big for a natural delivery due to my gestational diabetes. Thankfully, Hadley's weight was perfectly normal and not big at all for 37 weeks. She currently weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz, which is in the 58% percentile.

For the third time, the ultrasound tech confirmed that Hadley is still a girl, which is great news since we've announced Hadley's name and finished her nursery. :-) Hadley's heartbeat was healthy in the 140's. Her head was down and ready for delivery. Everything looked great with Hadley's body parts and organs, as well as with the placenta, umbilical cord, and amniotic fluid. Just like past ultrasounds, Hadley was camera shy today and kept most of her face hidden from the ultrasound tech. Hadley loved sleeping with her arm across her eyes and forehead.

After the ultrasound, I met with my OB. My blood pressure and weight were normal. I've gained 3 lbs. over the last 9 months. Also, for the first time in 3 months, my iron levels were normal, which was a relief. I got a flu shot and had the Group B Strep test done.

At this point, my OB doesn't want to induce me because Hadley's weight is average, and I've done a good job of controlling my gestational diabetes with my diet.

I'm 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated. My OB predicted that I won't make it to my October 15 due date, but we'll see what happens.

Tal and I are officially on baby watch for the next three weeks. My maternity leave sub plans are on my desk at school...just in case I have to leave school suddenly because my water breaks or I start having contractions or I go into labor during the night.

My next OB appointment is next Thursday, October 2!

No comments: