Monday, November 21, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Last weekend, I put up our Christmas tree--for the first time in 3 years! 



At Christmas 2009, Savannah was crawling, and I feared a Christmas tree catastrophe (tipping over the tree, eating plastic pine needles, etc.). 

Last year, Tal and I were too pooped to mess with Christmas decorations after moving into our new house a few weeks earlier.

This year, however, Savannah has been begging me for weeks to "git da Kissnas tee, Mommy."

On Saturday, Savannah decorated the lower half of our tree with kid-friendly ornaments from the Dollar Tree (candy canes, icicles, pine cones, and drums), while I hung more sentimental ornaments up above (and out of Savannah's reach).

I can already tell that this is going to be a special Christmas. Savannah is already talking about the Christmas tree, ornaments, and pretty lights, as well as getting a bicycle for Christmas. Is Santa listening?

No comments: