Monday, September 1, 2008

Hello, Maternity Clothes

Plenty of people have told me that I don't look pregnant, but my tight pants tell a different story.

A few days ago, Tal caught me complaining about the discomfort of my clothes. I must have whined a few other times, too, because Tal basically told me it was time for me to shop for maternity clothes. I'd resisted long enough.

Yesterday Tal earned brownie points for shopping with me for two hours. As my wonderful husband, he held all of my clothes, listened to my clothes commentary from outside the dressing room, and carried my purchases out to the car.

I think shopping with me is an education for Tal. It's amazing how men and women think so differently sometimes. On more than one occasion, we rolled our eyes at each others' comments.
Listen to some of Tal's comments while shopping:
  • "They don't have to look good. They just have to fit."
  • "The brown pants and the black pants are the same style and the same size. The brown pants fit fine, but I bet you're still going to try on the black pants, aren't you?"
  • "You're the only person I know who goes into the dressing room with 86 pairs of pants and only buys one thing."
Our shopping trip was a success, and I came home with three pairs of dress pants, two pairs of jeans, two T-shirts, yoga pants, and workout shorts. Hopefully, I'm all set for the next six months or so. :-)

No comments: