Thursday, October 9, 2014

39 Weeks!

Only 6 more days until Hadley's due date on October 15! Tal and I got a good report when we went to the OB for my 39-week appointment. We were incredibly thankful that Hadley and I continue to be healthy, but we were a bit disappointed that Hadley seems cozy in my belly and in no hurry to make her debut. I haven't had any labor signs so far!

Hadley's head was still very low and ready for delivery. I was still 2 cm dilated, so I haven't progressed since last week.

In the past, Hadley's heartbeat has always been healthy in the 140's and 150's. Today her heartbeat was lower (but still normal) in the 120's. Just to be safe, though, the OB hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor for 20 minutes. Thankfully, however, Hadley's heartbeat was in the normal range, and the doctor wasn't concerned.

As expected (but somewhat disappointing) , the OB that I saw today (in the same practice) didn't support inducing me before my due date...because Hadley's weight was normal and because I've done a good job of controlling my gestational diabetes with my diet.

My next appointment is on Monday, October 13. If Hadley isn't born by then, then the OB said he would schedule an induction on Monday, October 20 (5 days after my due date).

I feel so much pressure, pain, and discomfort in my lower belly and pelvis that I can't imagine carrying Hadley for 10 more days. However, Tal and I are trying to be patient and trust in the Lord's timing for Hadley's birth. We're taking it one day at a time and waiting for Hadley to make her appearance...within the next 10 days.

No comments: