Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grandma's Final Boat Ride

My Grandma Click (my dad's mom) passed away in January. 
On Saturday, June 29, Tal, Savannah, and I attended her memorial service 
at Pokagon State Park in Indiana:

My dad and his mom

I spent every summer of my childhood with my dad's family in Indiana. 
I have fond memories of staying in Grandma and Grandpa Click's trailer 
and swimming, boating, and snorkeling on Lake James and at Pokagon State Park.  

Grandma and Grandpa Click

In the picture below, I'm 8 years old. My sister Renee, brother Michel, 
and I were watching as Grandma Click cleaned the fish she caught in Lake James: 

Last weeked, Tal, Savannah, and I drove 12 hours to Pokagon State Park 
for Grandma's memorial service.We arrived at midnight and stayed with my mom and sister 
at Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon:

The next morning, Savannah and I (along with my mom and sister)
 ate a yummy brunch at the hotel restaurant: 

After brunch, friends and family boarded two boats and took Grandma Click on her final boat ride. 
On the boat, we reminisced and said goodbye to Grandma Click 
while Aunt Diane scattered Grandma's ashes in Lake James:

On the boat ride, we passed Grandma and Grandpa Click's cottage, 
where they lived for many years on Lake James:

Savannah

Lovely lakefront homes



Six years ago, our family took my dad on his final boat ride (shown below) 
and scattered his ashes in Lake James:

The photo below was taken on May 12, 2007...the day after Tal and I got married. 
It's probably the last picture I have of my dad. 
He passed away 9 weeks later on July 18, 2007 at age 57:

Grandma Click, Dad, and my sister Renee

 Savannah, my mom, Aunt Diane (my dad's sister), and my sister Renee in front of Potawatomi Inn:

After Grandma's memorial service, all of us gathered for a cookout at Pokagon:

My cousin Jennifer and her niece Raina

Aunt Cheryl (my dad's sister) and Uncle Bob

Cousins: Savannah, Lydia, and Trinity

After lunch, Savannah ran off some energy at the playground:



Our stay in Indiana was short (only 14 hours, including 8 hours of sleep). 
However, it was wonderful to see my sister and mom...

...and my dad's family...

Aunt Diane, Grandma Click, Dad, Aunt Cheryl, Grandpa Click

...and to relive my childhood memories of Lake James and Pokagon State Park:

Mom, Grandma Click, Me (in college), Aunt Cheryl, and Cousin Haley


No comments: