Saturday, June 8, 2013

Big Girl Bedroom: Ribbon Curtain Panels (PBteen Knock-Off)

Today I finished the ribbon curtains for 
Savannah's big girl bedroom, and I love the results!


My inspiration was PBteen's Suite Ribbon drapes...
 
.
..but they were $99 for one 96-inch panel 
(way out of my budget)!

My knock-off version cost $18 per panel
and took about four hours to complete:

At Ikea, I bought a pair of  basic white Vivan curtains for $10: 

To dress up the curtains, I spent about $25 on ribbon, 
Heat 'n Bond, and hemming tape:

To get started, I washed and ironed the curtains.
Then, since the panels were 98 inches, 
I used hemming tape to shorten the curtains by two inches:

I bought three rolls of turquoise ribbon to coordinate with 
Savannah's Seaside Floral bedding and monogram:

Then, I used Heat 'n Bond and an iron 
to adhere the ribbon to the curtains:

 Voila! 
Adding ribbon to basic white curtains was a simple 
and cost-effective way to tie in Savannah's color scheme
 and bring some sophistication to her big girl bedroom!

Source List:
Vivan Curtain Panels (Ikea)
Ribbon (Michael's)
Heat and Bond (Wal-Mart)
Hemming Tape (Wal-Mart)
Curtain Rod (Wal-Mart)

Click here for Savannah's bedroom reveal, 
as well as links to all of the bedroom makeover posts and sources:

No comments: