Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 House Projects Review

In 2012, Tal and I improved our home's curb appeal, as well as focused on decorating the four areas where we spend the most time...our living room, kitchen, entrances, and hallways. We also tackled a few organizational projects and began updating our bedroom and Savannah's bedroom.

Here's a review of the house projects that Tal and I accomplished this year:

1. We hung a mirror in our half bath (which didn't have a mirror when we moved in):


2. We installed beadboard in our kitchen bar area:



3. Tal organized the closet in our garage:


4. Tal and I put a 50-inch TV in our upstairs bonus room (aka Tal's man cave). Since then, the bonus room has been cozy hangout space where our family watches sports and movies:


5. I used clear containers and pretty labels to organize our pantry into simple categories, such as coffee, snacks, and baking:

6. I used black spray paint to update our brassy fireplace:


7. Tal and I painted the backs of our living room bookcases a bold teal color to highlight our white accessories and complement the painting above the fireplace:


8. I created a picture hallway with around 70 family photos and mementos:


 9. I made our garage entrance more welcoming by painting the door a cheerful yellow:

  10. I used colorful baskets and labels to organize our medicine cupboard into easy categories, including "first aid" and "cold and flu:"

11. Tal and I spent 3 months updating our home's curb appeal. In our front yard, we removed 11 dead or overgrown bushes, planted 17 new bushes, put down landscape fabric, and spread mulch:


12. We cleaned up the dead, dying, and overgrown shrubs and trees in our side and back yards.


13. Tal and I bought an old dresser for Savannah, painted it, and added some new hardware:


14. We also transformed two $20 end tables with some paint and hardware and put them in Savannah's bedroom and a guest room:



15. I painted our master bedroom a teal color to coordinate with our new ikat curtains:


16. We added some new artwork and lamps in our living room:


17. We made our home feel more cozy and inviting by putting new rugs in our entry, hallway, and dining room:


18. Tal hung our family name sign in the kitchen:


19. We also hung some artwork in the kitchen:



No comments: