Thursday, June 14, 2012

In the Works

Here's a sneak peek at 4 projects I hope to accomplish this summer. To be honest, I'm a bit reluctant to share my home improvement goals because they might get pushed to the back burner over the next few months.  

As much as I love decorating and doing home improvements in my free time, I have more important summer priorities...like adjusting to my new school, going to the pool and park with Savannah, getting our rental house ready for new tenants, getting daily exercise, and soaking up family/couple time with Tal in the evenings.  

1. Spray paint the fireplace. See the gold on our fireplace?  I want to spray paint it black and bring our fireplace into the 21st century (for $11). The good news is that I have everything I need (newspaper, painter's tape, sandpaper, primer, and spray paint) to complete this project. 



2. Paint the backs of the built-in bookcases in our living room. This project is at the bottom of my summer to-do list. More than likely, I won't finish it this summer. In the coming months, my goal is to highlight our bookcases by painting the backs a teal or turquoise that complement the painting in our living room.

However, after giving it some thought, I think it would be smarter to first pick out the curtain fabric for the living room and kitchen and then select the paint color(s) for bookcases and kitchen.


3. Paint our garage entry door yellow. Tal, Savannah, and I (as well as our friends and family) use our garage entrance 99% of the time. Yet, it's so dirty and unattractive. My summer goal is to make our garage entrance more inviting by scrubbing the door and painting it a cheerful yellow. I've narrowed down the paint chips below to 3 yellow hues that brighten up our garage and coordinate with our living room painting.


4. Make a picture wall in our hallway. I've already planned the frame arrangement and printed the pictures. In the near future, I'm planning a trip to Ikea to buy the 39 frames I need to make our picture wall. Then, I can get it done!



No comments: