Thursday, February 5, 2009

40 Weeks TODAY!

Today is February 5, 2009--my due date--and Savannah is taking her sweet time making her debut. :-)

When Tal and I went for our 40-week appointment today, Savannah's heartbeat was strong at 140. Although we have no idea how much Savannah weighs, it's obvious that she's done some growing during the last week. My belly grew 2 cm--from 38 cm to 40 cm.

Since my last visit, my body hasn't progressed much for labor. I'm still 80% effaced, and I haven't started dilating. Also, according to the doctor, although Savannah has dropped head-down for delivery, she still has a ways to go.

If Savannah doesn't arrive within the next week, then I'm scheduled to be induced on Friday, February 13.

Tal and I trust that Savannah will arrive in the Lord's timing. We're eager to hold Savannah very soon! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

randy chapman said...

Hey Rachel and Tal...We are thinking about you guys...excited to hear when she will arrive. I love the blogsite and have been following it. I feel like I stay connected with you guys this way..thanks for taking time to update it.....Jean Chapman