Sunday, February 1, 2009

39 Weeks and 3 Days

...But who's counting? Savannah's due date is Thursday--just four days away! Tal and I are SO ready for Savannah to get here...whenever she decides to join us. :-)

Tal and I received some good news when we went to our 39-week appointment at the OB last Friday. Everything looks good as Savannah and I prepare for labor and delivery. Savannah's head is deeply embedded in my pelvis. Also, as of last Friday, I was 80% effaced and in the -1 position.

We also learned that our OB practice has a "hands-off" policy until 41 weeks. In other words, the doctor might consider induction if Savannah hasn't arrived by February 12.

Tal talks to Savannah every day in hopes of coaxing her out of the darkness and into the light. When we talked to Tal's mom today, Barbara said that she's thinking about driving to Raleigh, so she can have a talk with her granddaughter--who is already showing signs of stubbornness. :-)

No comments: