Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day

My favorite time of the year started today! Over the next 10 days, I look forward to celebrating Mother's Day, our wedding anniversary, and my birthday. For Mother's Day, this morning the girls surprised me by making pancakes for breakfast. After church, we picked up lunch from Moe's and relaxed the rest of the day. I loved how happy and excited the girls were to make pancakes and give me my gifts. I felt loved and appreciated today. I am blessed!

Pancakes

Tal and the girls gave me a sweet card and an HGTV magazine.

Hadley gave me her silhouette that she created in her 1st grade class.

All about my mom. My mom's name is Rachel. My mom is 45 years old. My mom cooks the best pizza. My mom's favorite color is teal. My mom loves to eat Applebee's. My mom helps me with homework. My mom laughs when I tell a joke. My mom is really good at reading. My mom and I really like to play games. I love my mom because she is so sweet. By: Hadley (age 7, 1st grade)

Hadley left this note on my nightstand. "Don't open until Mother's Day. From Hadley your daughter."

Inside: "You're a great mother. You're the best mom ever and the best teacher ever and you get pancakes for your breakfast from me and Savannah. I hope you have a great time for Mother's Day. You're the best mother ever and the best cook in the family except Grandma." (Hadley said Grandma Barbara was the best cook in the family because she makes pork chops. Hadley said I should be happy that I'm the #2 cook in the family. Haha!)

No comments: