Saturday, November 3, 2012

Let There Be Light

 For several months, I've been searching for new table lamps for our living room that would coordinate with our teal and yellow color scheme, as well as provide additional lighting when I sit on the couch and read each night.


This week I hit the jackpot when I scored these oversized cream lamps with yellow trellis shades for $35 each at Target:


The lamp bases were originally $50 each, but I found them in the clearance section for $15! The lamp shades were $20 each in Target's lighting aisle. I paid a grand total of $35 for each lamp:
 

I love how the lamps add some pattern and color to the back wall in our living room. Most importantly, each lamp uses a 150-watt bulb, which provides some much-needed light in our living room. (I also picked up the teal picture frame below at Target for $5 and popped in one of Savannah's baby pictures.) 


 Our new lamps coordinate nicely with the yellow accessories in our living room bookcases...


...as well as the yellow accents in the painting in our adjoining kitchen:


I also recently picked up the end table below at Homegoods for $40. In the background, you can get a sneak peek at our new ikat curtains. I originally bought the curtains for our living room but recently decided to hang them in our master bedroom. Stay tuned!

No comments: