Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Projects Review

When Tal and I moved into our house 20 months ago, it was a blank canvas...with loads of potential. Over the last couple months, we've been making some simple, budget-friendly updates that infuse some color and personality into our home...while we save for big ticket items (like grass sod for our front yard, new carpet, etc.).

Here's a look at the 4 home improvement projects Tal and I completed this summer:

1. I updated our fireplace by spray painting the gold areas black:

Before

After


2. I created a picture hallway with Savannah's artwork and around 70 black-and-white family photos: 




3. Tal and I painted the backs of the built-in bookcases in our living room. We highlighted our bookcases by painting them a bold teal color that complements our living room painting and makes our white accessories pop:



4. Most recently, I painted our garage entry door a cheerful yellow to welcome family and friends:

Before

After

What's on our fall projects to-do list? Tal and I plan to transform Savannah's nursery into a "big girl" bedroom with new bedding, furniture, and accessories. One of our first projects is to sand, prime, and paint the dresser and 2 end tables that we bought at Goodwill recently. Stay tuned!

No comments: