Saturday, July 18, 2009

Remembering Dad

Today I'm thinking about my dad who passed away two years ago today. He was 57 years old.

Ironically, just nine weeks before my dad passed away, everyone was happy and healthy at our wedding. It's a blessing that my family was together at our wedding and that we have many happy memories and photos from our last time together.

Dad was a talented artist who made Valentines for my class one year in elementary school. When I was a little girl, I remember watching the Chicago Cubbies, Bears, and Bulls with my dad. Dad enjoyed jamocha milkshakes from Arby's and raspberry shakes from Dairy Queen. My dad always said he wanted a Corvette when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday or Christmas.

As I think about my dad today, I'm saddened that he never had the opportunity to become a grandpa or meet Savannah. I know my dad would have loved Savannah.

No comments: