Friday, January 23, 2009

38 Weeks

Our 38-week appointment at the OB today confirmed that Savannah is perfectly content inside my belly. I haven't started dilating, and Savannah isn't showing any signs of making her debut anytime soon.

At today's doctor visit, my blood pressure was normal, while Savannah's heartbeat was healthy at 140. Also, Savannah and I have done some growing since my visit last week. My belly grew 2 cm--from 36 cm to 38 cm--which is right on schedule for 38 weeks. Savannah's growth spurt might explain why I gained 2.5 lbs.--bringing my weight gain to 35 lbs. to date.

Tal and I are playing the "waiting game" right now. Emotionally, we're ready to meet Savannah whenever she decides to join us. Last weekend, Tal and I finished Savannah's nursery, packed our labor and hospital bags, and made our hospital call list. In addition, I'm finally ready to go on maternity leave after writing 12 weeks of library lesson plans, planning the spring Book Fair, and training my maternity leave sub.

No comments: