Thursday, February 20, 2020

Downstairs Hallway Gallery Wall

If you know me, you know how much I love gallery walls. I recently updated the gallery walls in our downstairs hallway, on our staircase, and in our upstairs hallway.  They all were 4-5 years old and included photos of Hadley as a baby. It was time for some recent family photos.

Over the last few weeks, I've framed and hung approximately 65 family photos around our house. I've hung family photos, travel photos, baby photos, and wedding photos.

In our downstairs hallways, I created two gallery walls: one on the left side and one on the right side. To get started, I made templates out of craft paper, hung them with painter's tape, and then rearranged them until I had a balanced display. I used a level and Command velcro strips to hang the photos. I left a finger's width between most photos.

As I've mentioned before, I prefer oversized frames and photos. For that reason, almost all of the photos are size 8x10. The collage photos are size 12x12. I put the photos in white gallery frames from Ikea and Michaels that I've collected over the last 10 years.

Our family loves our picture hallway because it's a reflection of our love and a reminder of our favorite memories.

Downstairs Hallway Gallery Wall


Right Side


  


Left Side 



 


No comments: