Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Covid Chronicles: Part 22

In January, I lost my sense of taste and smell. Two days later, I tested positive for Covid-19. The health department told me to isolate for 10 days. I lived in our master suite. I took two weeks off from school, so I could focus on my recovery and keep our family safe.  

After 10 days of isolation, I didn't have a fever, and my symptoms were improving. The health department allowed me to leave isolation, take off my mask in our home, hug Tal and the girls, and continue quarantining with our family. After a 14-day quarantine, our family was allowed to leave our home because Tal and the girls never showed any symptoms thankfully. I'm still battling fatigue. I can't taste or smell much. Otherwise, I am healthy and thankful that my symptoms were not life threatening.


It was heartbreaking being separated from Tal and the girls for 10 days. Tal texted me this pic of the girls hanging out with him in the bonus room, while I watched TV in our bedroom.

My view during isolation

The girls had to stay home from school for 24 days and returned to school in-person this week. 

To celebrate the end of our quarantine, we went shopping at Target, got tiramisu frappuccinos from Starbucks, and played at the park in our neighborhood. 


Date night. Celebrating 15 years since our first date (and the end of quarantine)! 


No comments: