Saturday, September 8, 2012

Beachy Burlap and Lace Bridal Shower

Today I had the pleasure of hosting a bridal shower for my dear friend Amanda who is getting married on the beach at the end of October:


For decorations, I created a beachy burlap and lace theme in Amanda's wedding colors (seafoam, brown, and white):


For centerpieces, I wrapped 11 mason jars with brown burlap and lace, tied a seafoam ribbon, and filled the jars with baby's breath:





To add color and texture on the tables, I cut brown burlap runners, dressed them up with some white lace, and then scattered shells and sand dollars to add a little coastal flair: 



To give the shower a personal touch, I created the burlap pennant below. In 3 hours, I cut out 15 pennants from brown burlap, stenciled "Congrats Amanda" in white paint, and then assembled the pennant with hot glue and a seafoam ribbon. On the ends, I attached strips of burlap and ribbon to hide the Command hooks that I used to hang the pennant :


I bought 6 pre-cut tissue poms from Party City, pulled the tissue paper pieces apart, and then hung them from the ceiling with clear Command hooks and white ribbon: 


Remember the 40 sand dollars that my family helped me find in the ocean last weekend? I used 5 of them to create a sand dollar chandelier:



I was in charge of the shower invitations and decorations, while these lovely ladies (Ruth, Belinda, and Donna) prepared the yummy food, including quiche, fruit, and chicken salad sandwiches:






A local baker made these beautiful beachy cupcakes (filled with frosting!) in Amanda's wedding colors:


Cute Napkins 

Amanda, Savannah, Me 

Amanda was showered with gifts, especially kitchen-related items from her registry...like the salad spinner below:

Cheese Set

Spice Rack

 Vaccuum

Mattress Topper

Tal, Savannah, and I gave Amanda and Jason this custom family name sign to hang in the entry of their newly built home:

It was a joy to plan and host Amanda's bridal shower, and I look forward to serving as her matron of honor on October 27!

No comments: