Saturday, January 13, 2018

My Daily Schedule

Today I'm sharing my daily schedule, so you can see how I balance work, family, and home. My day is structured but allows room for flexibility if needed. Follow me around for a day and see what a normal day looks like for me and our family!

My Daily Schedule

5:30 A.M.
My alarm goes off. I hit snooze on my phone. I wake up slowly by scrolling Facebook and checking my personal email.

5:45 A.M.
I take a shower, dry my hair, and do my make-up.

6:10 A.M.
Tal's alarm goes off, and he jumps in the shower. I walk upstairs and wake up the girls.

6:15-6:30 A.M.
Savannah gets herself ready for school. I do my hair and get dressed. I dress Hadley and brush her hair and teeth. Tal gets dressed, warms up his coffee, makes my breakfast burrito, and loads my car.

6:35 A.M.
Tal leaves for work, while Savannah and I take Hadley to her babysitter's house. I eat my breakfast burrito in the car, while I listen to a podcast.

6:45 A.M. 
Savannah and I drop off Hadley at her babysitter's house.

7:00-7:15 A.M.
Savannah and I arrive at school. (I'm an elementary teacher-librarian, and Savannah is in 3rd grade at my school.) I open the library and log onto the computers for the day. On a sticky note, I make a list of 2-4 important tasks that I need to get done today.

7:15-7:45 A.M.
The morning news crew arrives at 7:15, and we record the morning news show.

7:45-7:55 A.M.
I play the morning news show for the whole school. I edit the news show for the next day and upload it to my private YouTube channel. I set-up the iPads and get ready for my first class.

7:55-8:40 A.M.
I teach my 1st grade class. They researched sea turtles and are using the Story Creator app on the iPad to create a 7-page informational e-book about that includes text, a picture, and sound recording on each page.

8:50-9:35 A.M.
I teach my Kindergarten class. They are using the Chatterpix app on the iPad to create a video that shows one thing they learned about polar bears from their research.

9:45-10:30 A.M.
I teach my 2nd grade class and walk them to lunch. They are using the Story Creator app on the iPad to create an 8-page original fairy tale that includes text, a picture, and sound recording on each page.

10:30-11:15 A.M.
I have my planning period. I get ready for my afternoon classes and make sure I'm ready for my classes tomorrow. I make copies if needed. I create a template for tomorrow's morning news show. I get ready for tomorrow's Junior Librarians. I work on future lessons.

11:15-11:45 A.M.
I eat my lunch and check my email.

11:45 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
I teach my 5th grade class and walk them to lunch. They researched a human body system and drew a diagram of their system. They are using the Chatterpix app on the iPad to create a video that shows the parts and function of their human body system.

12:35-1:20 P.M.
I teach my 4th grade class. They are using the StopMotion app on the iPad to create an animated and narrated video that recreates the sinking of the Titanic.

1:30-2:15 P.M.
I teach my 3rd grade class. They are using the Sock Puppets app on the iPad to create a video about the 2018 Winter Olympics. The dismissal bell rings at 2:15.

2:15-3:00 P.M.
I clean-up from my classes. I make sure I'm ready for my classes tomorrow. I straighten up the library. I shut down the computers. I charge the iPads. Savannah works on her homework and reads for 20 minutes. I sign Savannah's behavior grade for the day and help her with her homework if needed.

3:00-5:00 P.M.
On Mondays, Savannah and I leave school at 3:00 and pick up Hadley at 3:15. Savannah has gymnastics from 3:30-4:30. We get home at 4:45 P.M.

On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I often have a meeting from 2:45-3:45. Savannah and I pick up Hadley at 4:15, and we get home around 4:30 P.M.

On Thursdays and Fridays, I leave school at 3:00 and pick up Hadley at 3:15. On Thursdays, the girls and I pick up groceries at Walmart, and we get home around 4:00.

When I get home, I always spend 20-30 minutes doing a few chores (like sorting the mail, making my lunch for the next day, putting away groceries, making the Walmart list, starting a load of laundry, or putting away laundry). It's easier to keep our house (mostly) neat and organized when I do a few chores every day.

5:00-5:30 P.M.
Tal gets home, and we get ready for dinner. Savannah often plays with her neighborhood friends. I sit down and watch a show on DVR.

5:30-6:00 P.M.
All of us eat dinner at the kitchen table. On Wednesdays and Fridays, we take a break from eating leftovers and go out to dinner.

6:00-6:15 P.M.
Tal puts away dinner, washes dishes, and takes out the trash. I wipe the kitchen table and counters and vacuum the kitchen and living room.

6:15-6:45 P.M.
On Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (and more often during the summer), the girls take a shower and get ready for bed. All of us put on our jammies.

6:45-7:00 P.M.
I watch a show on DVR in the living room. Tal and the girls usually go upstairs and watch TV. They also turn on the noise machines and humidifiers in the girls' rooms.

7:00-8:00 P.M.
We have family time upstairs in the bonus room. Tal and I watch TV, while the girls watch a show on their iPads or play with toys.

8:00-8:30 P.M.
In Hadley's bed, the girls and I snuggle. We read three stories and sing three songs. Tal and I put the girls to bed at 8:30 P.M.

9:00-10:00 P.M.
Tal and I hang out in the bonus room. We talk and watch TV. I scroll Facebook, edit photos, blog, do our family budget, or plan future lessons.

10:00-10:30 P.M.
I say good night to Tal (who goes to bed from 12:00-1:00 A.M.). I get ready for bed and turn off the lights around 10:30 P.M.

No comments: