Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Remembering Dad

Today I'm thinking about my dad who passed away 10 years ago today from a heart attack and stroke. He was 57 years old. 

Ironically, just nine weeks before my dad passed away, he walked me down the aisle when Tal and I got married. It was a blessing that all of my family was happy and healthy at our wedding. We have so many happy memories and photos from our last time together. 

My dad was a talented artist who drew Valentines for my classmates when I was in elementary school. When I was a little girl, I remember watching the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, and Chicago Bulls with my dad. Dad enjoyed drinking Mountain Dew, jamocha milkshakes from Arby's, and raspberry shakes from Dairy Queen. My dad always said he wanted a Corvette when I asked him what he wanted for Christmas or for his birthday.

My dad wasn't perfect, but he was still my dad. I always knew that he loved me and was proud of me. I'm saddened that he never had the opportunity to become a grandpa and meet Savannah and Hadley. I know my dad would have loved my girls.



No comments: