Friday, April 21, 2017

Australia and New Zealand Trip: Part 15 (Random Moments)

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture random moments from our trip to Australia and New Zealand.

During our 21-hour flight to Australia, my feet got so painfully swollen from inactivity and cabin pressure. My swollen feet caused blisters and made my Rainbow flip flops feel too small on my feet for a few days:

 When we were in the Cairns airport, I bought myself some flip flops in a larger size that were so much more comfortable:

Our flight from Cairns to the Australian Outback was delayed a couple hours. The good news is that our airline gave us each $25 each in vouchers for meals. We used my voucher to buy breakfast from Hungry Jacks (Burger King). We used Tal's voucher to get some sandwiches for lunch on the plane:


We thought of our Savannah when we saw this coloring book in a souvenir store:


A beautiful view of the mountains in Cairns while Tal was walking to our flight to the Outback:


On our trip, Tal and I spent 7 out of 10 days on an airplane. 
Tal passed time by listening to music...

...while I listened to my podcasts and read 3-4 magazines on each flight:
(By the way, Australia and New Zealand didn't have Diet Coke or Pepsi products...only Coke Zero)

The day we left the Outback, we had to check-out of our hotel room by 10 A.M. After checking-out, Tal and I ate a relaxing brunch outside at our hotel restaurant before we left for the airport:

In the Outback, Tal boarded our flight to Sydney:

Easter was a BIG deal in Australia. On our flight to Sydney, the flight attendants passed out chocolate bunnies to all of the passengers:

On our return trip, we waited in the Auckland airport for our flight to Sydney. Tal and I thought it funny that the computer monitor told us to "relax" until our gate was ready:


Tal and I  saw "I Love/Eye Love" stores in every airport:



While Tal and I were on vacation, our girls stayed with my mom at our house for 5 days. Hadley had lots of fun swinging in our backyard with Grandma Judy:

Savannah enjoyed dyeing Easter eggs with Grandma Judy:

Then, the girls spent 6 days with Grandma Barbara at her house. Savannah and Hadley enjoyed sleeping late and eating cereal in the mornings:

Hadley's Bedhead



No comments: