Monday, February 13, 2017

Everyday Moments

Life...unedited. 
These random iPhone photos are dark, blurry, and untouched,
but they capture everyday moments from the last couple weeks.

Hadley looked cool in her sunglasses:

Grandma Barbara gave Hadley this chair for Christmas. 
When Savannah sits in Hadley's chair, Hadley says,  "It's my chair:"

Last week Savannah did extra chores in order to earn money for youth missions:

Savannah was excited to give $5 of her chore money to church:

While Savannah was at gymnastics, Hadley and I visited the fountain outside:

Hadley looked adorable wearing her butterfly headband at Home Depot:

Cute Cousins:
Harper and Savannah at church yesterday:

Yesterday was Savannah's 8th birthday. It was sunny, beautiful and 83 degrees. Our family ate ice cream outside at Dairy Queen to celebrate Savannah's birthday and enjoy the lovely weather:

I ate lunch with Savannah in the school cafeteria today. Savannah was excited to pass out cupcakes to her classmates: 

I bought this swimsuit and cover-up from Land's End for our trip to Australia. I'm happy that I finally found a flattering suit for the beach and pool:

It has been 9 years since I had Lasik eye surgery in January 2008 to correct my near-sightedness. After wearing glasses for 25 years, it was a dream come true to have Lasik . I'm 40 years old, and I'm thankful that I don't need reading glasses (yet):

I am celebrating my 18th anniversary in NC! In February 1999, I packed up my car and moved 900 miles from IL to NC to start my teaching career. I only knew one family when I moved to NC. Over the last 18 years, I have taught at 4 different schools in the same district. From 1999-2007, I taught 7th grade language arts. Over the last 10 years, I have worked as an elementary teacher-librarian. During the last 18 years, I have earned my master's degree and National Board certification, and my salary has more than tripled. I am thankful that I've had a stable and somewhat successful career for the last 18 years, and I am ready to start my 19th year of teaching!


No comments: