Saturday, November 5, 2016

Guest Bedroom: Part 2 (Quilt, Bedskirt, and Ribbon Curtains)

Tal and I are making progress in our guest bedroom!

Today Tal hung the curtains high and wide to make the window appear larger:


I started with a pair of white Vivan curtains from Ikea that cost $10:
To dress up the curtains, I ironed on navy ribbon with some Heat 'n Bond:

Then, while the curtains were hanging from the rod, I used some Heat 'n Bond to hem the bottom of each panel so they barely touched the floor:


Voila! 
Adding navy ribbon to basic white curtains was a simple and cost-effective way to tie in our guest bedroom's navy, light blue, and yellow color scheme:

On the bed, I added a white ruffled quilt and tailored bed skirt:

Hadley thinks our guest bed is super comfy!

What were Savannah and Hadley doing while Tal and I were making and hanging curtains?
Savannah enjoyed using the hot glue gun to add ribbon to some scrap fabric:



While Tal was hanging the curtains, I spun around Hadley in our black office chair:

Also, Hadley loved turning the closet light on and off:


Guest Bedroom Sources:
Rosalie Paisley Duvet and Shams (Pottery Barn)
Yellow Stripe Pillows (Pottery Barn)
Lark Manor Fresnes White Quilt (Wayfair)
Moroccan Trellis Blue Rug (Rugs USA)
Vivan Curtains (Ikea)

No comments: