Friday, July 3, 2015

Staircase Photo Gallery: Reveal!

Today Tal and I finished our staircase photo wall!

A few weeks ago, our staircase was a blank space:

Now it is a colorful, personal display:

I used craft paper to plan our photo wall. I moved around the templates 
until all of the pieces created a balanced display:

I wanted to make sure that each family member was equally represented, so I selected one family photo, one photo of Tal with the girls, one photo of me with the girls, three sister pictures, and three individual pictures of Savannah and Hadley:

 I put the art and photos in white Ribba frames from Ikea: 

Our photo wall includes three 16x20 art prints, six 8x10 black and white family photos, 
and three 5x7 black and white family photos:

To carry our home's color scheme from the downstairs to the upstairs, I bought three 16x20 art prints from Minted (and put them in Ribba frames). The blues, greens, and yellows in the art complement our home's decor:

The whitewashed letters, which I bought at a local boutique, represent each person in our family:

Tal and I used a level and Command velcro strips to hang the pictures and avoid damaging our wall with a dozen nail holes:

We finally have some pictures of Hadley, 
as well as some updated family photos, hanging in our house!

I love the results! 



No comments: