Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hadley's Nursery/Big Girl Bedroom: Lamps and Nightstands

Tal and I are making steady progress on Hadley's nursery/big girl bedroom!


This week Tal put together the two Hemnes nightstands 
that Savannah and I picked up at Ikea last week:


On the nightstands, I added two hot pink table lamps 
that I found at Target on clearance:

I like how the scallop lamp shades mimic the flowers on Hadley's bedding:


Over the next couple weeks, I'm going to put the bedding on 
Hadley's crib, which Tal put together a few weeks ago: 

Tal is going to sand down the dresser that Grandma Barbara gave us...

...and then I can start priming and painting it for Hadley's room:

Stay tuned!


Before starting Hadley's Nursery/Big Girl Room a few months ago, Tal and I saved $1,200 (the same amount we spent on Savannah's big girl bedroom last year). Here's a breakdown of our sources and expenses so far:

  $48  Wall Paint and Supplies (Bubble Bath by Olympic)
$182   Juliette Tufted Headboard (Target)
    $0   Seaside Floral Sheets (PBteen--no longer available--already owned)
    $0   Cottage Stripe Duvet Cover in Pool (PBteen--already owned)
  $66   Cottage Stripe Euro Shams in Pool (PBteen)
  $44   Euro Pillows (HomeGoods)
  $64   Duvet Insert (Marshall's)
  $30   Bed Skirt (Bed, Bath, and Beyond)
  $11   Smile Pillow (Tuesday Morning)
$140   Hemnes Nightstands (Ikea)
  $33   Xhilaration Scallop Table Lamps (Target)
-----
$618   Subtotal

No comments: