Monday, December 15, 2008

Second Childbirth Class

Yesterday Tal and I attended our second childbirth class to help us prepare for Savannah's arrival (in around 7 weeks!).

Our class focused on labor rehearsal. Tal and I learned where to park, where to check-in, and where family members will wait when I'm in labor. We also toured the hospital's birthing center--where we saw the nursery, labor and delivery rooms, and the postpartum rooms.

In addition, our class reviewed the stages of labor, so Tal and I will know when to head to the hospital based on the intensity of my contractions. Since Tal will be serving as my labor coach, we also practiced more breathing, relaxation, and pain coping techniques.

Tal and I left our class feeling more informed about what to expect during labor and delivery and more equipped to make informed decisions (especially since Tal will act as my advocate).

No comments: