Monday, December 1, 2008

Preparing Savannah's Nursery

Over Thanksgiving, Tal and I added another piece to Savannah's nursery: a La-Z-y Boy rocker recliner.

The recliner is a generous baby gift from my mom (a.k.a. Grandma Judy). When my sister, brother, and I were babies, my mom remembers spending many nights sleeping in a La-Z-y Boy recliner. For that reason, Mom wanted Tal and me to have a comfortable chair for rocking and feeding Savannah.



When Mom and I went shopping, we sat in nearly 50 recliners before we narrowed it down to our favorite two chairs. A couple days later, Tal tried out our "top two" recliners and made the final decision. Then, Tal loaded the recliner into his truck and assembled it in Savannah's room.

The recliner's burgundy leather complements the cherry crib and changing table that Tal's mom gave us.

In a few years, when we no longer need the recliner in Savannah's room, I promised Tal that we could move it into our living room.
Tal's already coined the recliner as "Daddy's chair" during all future football games and movie nights. :-)

No comments: