Monday, December 22, 2008

Belly Cast

Someday I think it will pretty neat to show Savannah how I looked when she was inside me. For that reason, on Saturday, Amanda helped me create a plaster cast of my pregnant belly. We used a kit that I purchased online for $25.

To make the cast, Amanda dipped each plaster strip in a pan of water.


Then, she applied several layers of the wet strips to my belly. (Please ignore my fat rolls below.) :-)

Within about 45 minutes, Amanda cast my torso with layers of wet plaster strips.

All done! After the strips set for about 10 minutes, I peeled the cast away from my body. Now I have a wonderful 3D memento of how I looked when I was 33 weeks pregnant with Savannah.

Over the next couple months, I need to decide how I want to paint, bronze, or decoupage my belly cast. Take a look here to see how others have decorated their belly casts. Right now I'm thinking that I'll just paint my cast and write Savannah's name with her due date, weight, and time. I might even hang the cast with a ribbon in Savannah's nursery.

No comments: